Athlete of the month!
Category : Uncategorized
This week we celebrate one super athletic member of our community, Tereza! Tereza has been a consistent member of our community almost from the beginning of Jab. With her almost zen-like approach to each and every workout she is a force to be reckoned with! Love her enthusiasm, love her ability to power through everyday.
1.name: Tereza Stiburkova
2. age: 31
3. where did you grow up? Prague, Czech Republic
4. when did you begin at Jab Crossfit? Is this the first place you tried Crossfit? It has been a while…like three years? Jab Crossfit is the first place!
5. what do you do when you aren’t at Jab Crossfit? I take care of kids that are not mine, walk dogs who are not mine, and spend time enjoying life with a boyfriend who IS mine …Oh yeah I also go to school.
6. how did you first hear about Crossfit? It was through my Brazilian fellow au-pair Laise who is also friend of Ana who attends AMA kickboxing classes. She told us about a free crossfit trial, we tried it and I’ve stuck to it.
7. when did you realize Crossfit was right for you? It definitely was not the first or second class when we tried hand stand pushups and did a lot of burpees. I was not in good shape at all and I decided to do something about it…Jab Crossfit was the solution.
8. what is your favorite wod/movement/lift? Hang power clean.
9. what is your least favorite wod/movement/lift? Lunges and running.
10. what is something you have done at Jab Crossfit that you never thought you would do? Double Unders.
11. what motivates you to get through a wod? I am not entirely sure; counting, pacing myself, and thinking of the sometimes very slowly, approaching end.
12. tell us something about yourself that we may not know…hmmm…I was twenty-six when I flew in an airplane for the first time over the ocean into the USA. It was both scary and exciting.
13. what advice would you give to someone new to Crossfit? Ummm, be patient, persistent, and have fun!
14. do you have any Crossfit goals? I certainly do…Pull-ups, pushups, and T2B.
15. what do you love most about Crossfit? I like the fact that you do something very individualistic with a team like atmosphere and spirit