Our Athlete of the Month for June is Maggie!! Maggie has been a member with Jab Crossfit since 2014 (meaning she was a teen when she started here)! Well known for her incredible strength, her awesome attitude in class and ability to crack everyone up we cannot imagine Jab Crossfit without Maggie in class! I did not know that Maggie studied Japanese for 4 years! Maggie, thank you for being such a valuable member of our community. We love you!!
3. where did you grow up?
4. when did you begin at Jab Crossfit? Is this the first place you tried Crossfit?
I started at Jab nearly three years ago. I had messed around at other boxes, but I had never spent any considerable time doing crossfit before I came to Jab.
5. what do you do when you aren’t at Jab Crossfit?
Cook, eat, sleep, and occasionally take bubble baths.
6. how did you first hear about Crossfit?
I think the first time I heard about crossfit was from someone who thought it was too hard, back in High School, which made me immediately want to try it.
7. when did you realize Crossfit was right for you?
After day one when I was absolutely exhausted and full of endorphins.
8. what is your favorite wod/movement/lift?
9. what is your least favorite wod/movement/lift?
Burpees. They really are atrocious.
10. what is something you have done at Jab Crossfit that you never thought you would do?
Butterfly Pull-Ups! I actually was quite certain that I would never be able to do a pull-up at all, but I am quite happy to be wrong.
11. what motivates you to get through a wod?
12. tell us something about yourself that we may not know
I studied Japanese for four years in high school
13. what advice would you give to someone new to Crossfit?
When something gets hard, stop, step away, take a deep breath and then try again. Don’t waste your energy on reps that won’t count.
14. do you have any Crossfit goals?
It would be amazing to get my double-unders to be a bit more consistent, and muscle-ups are always shimmering in the distance.
15. what do you love most about Crossfit?
I love the friendly competition that constantly pushes us all forward, and I love the people who are always there to support and encourage their gymmates.